GoKunming Forums

Renew of a visa

BlueBird (55 posts) • 0

Hi guys,

My wife has a Dali Hukou and last year we had to travel to Dali in order to apply for the first time for a marriage visa/ resident permit. Does any one knows if I could renew it here in Kunming in order to avoid traveling back and forth to Dali.

Thanks for your help :)

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Yes.

But you'll only be able to get one year rather than the two year resident permit you may be entitled to in Dali.

debaser (647 posts) • 0

I was recently told that the China national (your wife in ths case) must have a Kunming hukou (permenant or temp.) and have held it for at least 6 months for you to be able to apply here. The Kunming and Lijiangg PSB said the same thing (for a change). Please let us know if this is not the case now.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

My wife does not have a Kunming Hukou, but has a temporary ID for Kunming. It was needed for visa renewal.
In the past my wife's application has taken one month, but last time it was two weeks, as there is a new computerized system. It was issued at the same police station as I register my place of residence.

BlueBird (55 posts) • 0

Firstly thank you all for the given explanation in different scenarios, well my case is that my wife has a temporary id card issued from Kunming but is less then 6 months ( actually she just made it last month) Hope I can still qualify to do it here in Kunming instead of going to Dali. What is your opinion on this, since she has it for a month thus far ?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +3

No idea, my wife's temporary ID is valid 12 months. Personally, I would ask the staff at PSB Tuodong Lu. They are very helpful. If you need to return to Dali, they will tell you.

I had a similar thing a few years ago, my wife had forgotten to renew her temp ID and so I was unable to process my visa in Kunming. We then went to the city where my wife has a hukou. But you need to be able to register a residential address with the local police in that city.

Related forum threads

Login to post