GoKunming Forums

Provincial health authority?

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

I am currently in Changning in Baoshan with wife and family to help her father who is admitted to a local hospital for various illnesses.

Often my assigned role here is waiting with our baby at first floor of an inpatient building, while wife runs errands at the hospital.

As such, I constantly observe people walking in with cigarettes or sitting smoking under the "no smoking" signs - which are not optimally located to begin with.

Nobody in hospital seems to care.

I would like to report the hospital to some higher authority.

Is there a provincial bureau to supervise this kind of things, and does anyone know what it's name, or better yet web address or contact info, is?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

That's terrible. Chinese smokers think that those signs are just suggestions. I've never smoked in my life but living here. you can't get away from it.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Indeed. The thoughtlessness of smokers in China is bewildering at times. One the other hand, I've never had anyone refuse when I've politely asked them to move elsewhere. I think they just don't think.

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

Although I rather doubt that you'll get much response from anyone, if you're in a waiting room I suggest you first report the situation to the hospital administrator, who probably knows about it but who just might do something if enough people actually complain.

Related forum threads

Login to post