GoKunming Forums

Thai Non-Immigrant Visa

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

I couldn't find any current information on obtaining a visa to Thailand. Does anyone know if the Thai Embassy is still on Dong Feng West Road (at 顺城双塔东塔18)? I tried both phone numbers on their website, but neither is working. I need to apply for a Non-Immigrant O visa and wondering if anyone has recent experience with this at the Kunming Thai Embassy?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Perhaps not relevant to your needs, but note that if you're American or, I think, hold one of several other nationalities, merely going to Thailand doesn't require a visa.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

My understanding is that your one-month entry permit can be extended for another month, or even for 2 successive months, for a fee, once you're there - but please don't take my word for it.

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

I would prefer to just get the visa ahead of time in kunming, hence the inquiry if anyone has experience doing so lately (I've gone plenty of times with the one month free, no advice needed there)

jojio (54 posts) • 0

Most of my old friends from BKK who still kick around there have been having to make pilgrimage to their home countries to get the long O visas. i have invited them up here to visit while waiting for said visa, but they all declined as they had worry they would be refused in a third country. have put in a call, let's see what they say is happening these days with ol Siam authorities

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

I was once seriously thinking about studying Thai language. Thats about 3 years ago. Went to the study enroll thing in Bangkok, well, apparently the whole study program was designed to get the student visa. Information was not about the study or language, but about how you get the visa!

Then asthma kicked in, in that damn polluted hellhole, and at same time Bangkok was getting more tense due to political unrest, so I left it there, but cant imagine it would have changed. Apparently you can bribe here somehow too, to get results in some compulsory language test, so you dont even need to learn say "sabadee", Thailand being Thailand, and very corrupted, its just a matter of finding the backdoor, but you need some cash in pocket for backdoor.

Related forum threads

Login to post