GoKunming Forums

Anyone here gotten a Chinese Green Card?

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Not sure if I interpret that correctly... do you mean you only need to live in China 3 months a year to qualify for permanent residency? Or the opposite - not staying out of China more than 3 months a year?

baiyuxiang (111 posts) • +1

Only need to live in China 3 months a year to retain the greencard. I did a double take as well, as I was 'sure' that the documents I read last year (when I applied) said the opposite. Certainly not complaining, though.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

I'm pretty sure the green card just allows you to live in China. It doesn't oblige you to. It means you can come and go as you please.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

I went to briefly ask about the permanent RP from Entry & Exit few weeks ago.

The obvious hurdle for marriage based residence permit is that you need to apply for it in the place of your spouse's hukou.

In case of rural citizens, you would likely be the first foreigner ever to apply for it there, and they wouldn't necessarily know how to handle it. Plus if neither of you are actually living there, it has trouble written all over it.

In case of business ownership, the annual income of the business must exceed 40k RMB, which the person told as initial requirement. She didn't detail whether that is net or gross.

I didn't have the business license with me and they weren't willing to list any further requirements without checking that first.

hongxiongmao (50 posts) • +2

Updating the list - I just received mine as well. The process for the card to be made was exactly 6 months but I had to wait another 3 months to get my hands on it, ( they send them out in batches from Beijing) so a total of 9 months since I turned in all the required documents.

Related forum threads

Login to post