GoKunming Forums

X2 visa holders need to register with police?

happygirlhappygirl (20 posts) • 0

Hey everyone! I am here on an X2 visa (studying for under 6 months). Ive seen conflicting information about if I need to register my address at the police station or not.

Some sources say if you are here under 6 months, its not a requirement. Others say, no matter how long your stay as a student, you must register.

Can anyone here answer 100% positively based on their own experience? I'd appreciate it a lot!!

Thanks!

Hotwater (205 posts) • +3

Yes! Every foreigner has to register with the police. Even tourists if not staying in hotels.

100% positive and it's supposed to be within 24 hours of arrival in a private residence (hotels register you on check in)

happygirlhappygirl (20 posts) • 0

Yikes.....I am about 2 weeks late then. I will go tomorrow... as soon as I can. Should i be preparing to get fined or something?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

Probably not. Just act dumb. It also depends on theor mood.

debaser (647 posts) • +1

Whatever you do DON'T LIE. Appologise a lot and just take it easy... they'll usually let it slide as long as you don't say anything stupid like 'I arrived here 2 weeks ago'. Good luck

:)

Peter99 (1246 posts) • +2

I can say from experience, just go there, say nothing and ask for registration. Its better if your Chinese is really bad. Two weeks is no big deal anyway. I was three weeks late and all cool, but its important its done, and especially if you get tangled in something, say, like traffic accident, this non reg would bring you in bad light, even if you were driven on, on sidewalk pavement.

Related forum threads

Login to post