Tenwest Mandarin School


Z visa over age 60

CanadianMary (2 posts) • 0

I am a qualified and experienced ESL teacher,Canadian aged 63 ... just wonder if it is possible to obtain a Z visa.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Liumingke1234 (2447 posts) • 0

If I'm not mistaken after 60 you are not allow to teach (so I've heard). Most schools want young teachers (up to 40-45). Sad to say.

Geezer (1698 posts) • 0

I got my Z visa at 57. I taught until I was 68. Finally they would not give me another contract due to my age. I am pretty sure it would be very difficult, these days, to get a Z visa over age 60.

penticton (4 posts) • 0

First, the organisation must be accredited to employ foreigners.

You must meet the requirements as a ‘foreign expert‘ and the employer must obtain a certificate stating that you comply. TWO YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE WILL BE REQUIRED BY THE ADMINISTRATION OF LABOR AND SOCIAL SECURITY.

The age limit for male applicants is 24 – 65, and 24 – 55 for female applicants. However, there is some flexibility in these requirements.

The employer will send you a government issued Work Permit and Invitation Letter that you must submit with a photocopies with your application.

Accompanying family members should apply for S1 or S2 visa submitting invitation letter from the relative with work Z in China and a ‘proof of relationship’ i.e. their marriage certificate for a spouse, or birth certificate for a child.


Get a job with a Chinese company that is accredited to recruit foreigners Do not accept a job with a company that requests that you work on a tourist visa because it is illegal.

1. You need a passport that should be valid at least 15 months past your stay and that has at least one blank page.

2. One truly completed Visa Application Form.

3. One recent passport standard photo affixed on the Application Form.

4. Invitation Letter issued by duly authorized entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.

5. Work Permit (one of the following work permits):
– Foreigners Employment Permit issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the PRC.
– Permit for Foreign Experts (Foreign Experts Certificate) issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts of the PRC.
– Registration Certificate of Resident Representative Offices of enterprises of foreign countries(regions) issued by Chinese authorities of industrial and commercial administration.
– An approval document for commercial performances issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs.
– Invitation Letter to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations issued by National Offshore Oil Corporation.


You can go to the Chinese embassy, consulates or other diplomatic missions in person for application.
It usually takes 4 working days for processing.

Login to post Register to post