GoKunming Forums

Gynecologist recommendations in Kunming?

englishbusiness (9 posts) • +3

My wife needs to get a cervical biopsy, and we are looking for a hospital where we could do that. It's important to us that the doctors be competent and are not there just to turn a profit on additional tests or trying to peddle us medication. An international doctor is preferable for communication purposes but a Chinese doctor would be ok as long as it was a very good one. Any help would be MUCH appreciated as we are anxious to get the results of this test back. Thanks in advance.

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +3

Found some information for you.

I just contacted Kunming Angel Women's & Children's Hospital (昆明中英安琪儿妇产医) www.kmangel.com

They can perform per requested cervical biopsy.

- Price around ~1000rmb.
- HPV ~400rmb, TCT ~200rmb
- procedure must take place within 2-7 days of non-ovulating clean period
- They have translator team ready if need be.

I've been here twice for friend's abortion procedures. The entire place looks and feels like 5-star luxury hotel, very clean and professional & friendly staffs, granted pricier than most. Most likely the highest-end women's hospital in Yunnan.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

NingSi (61 posts) • 0

Has anyone had an annual exam and pap smear test done at the KM Angel Women and Children Hospital?

Or Richland?

Or anywhere they would recommend.

Doesn't need to be English speaking though of course that would be an added convenience.

If you remember how much it cost that would also be helpful info.

Thanks!

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +4

Kunming offers HPV vaccine for around 5,000rmb.

In the U.S. alone, 1 in 4 are infected by this human papillomavirus (HPV). It is the most common sexually transmitted infection. Apparently STDs are highly prevalent in Yunnan province.

HPV is often asymptomatic, but may cause cancers of the cervix, vagina, vulva, penis, anus, throat, tongue, and tonsils for both women and men who endow above-mentioned body parts. Nearly all cervical cancers are ascribed to HPV infections.

A more accredited hospital to receive this vaccination would be:

Yunnan Tumor Hospital (云南省肿瘤医院), aka The Third Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical University, Yunnan Cancer Center.

They're in cooperation and have co-hosted oncology forums with world renowned MD Anderson Cancer Center of Texas.

Just outside Xiyuan (西苑) KRT subway station of Line 3.

English Website:
ynszlyy.com/ZLYYEN

GoK listing:

www.gokunming.com/[...]

dolphin (509 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

I think HPV is bs.
I don’t believe that a virus leads to cancer.

Don’t take medical advice from a crackpot on the internet. But at least look up potential documented side effects of that vaccine ....

Geezer (1953 posts) • +2

@dolphin's good advice: "Don’t take medical advice from a crackpot on the internet." That includes dolphin.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

Almost every thread goes off the rails. It's so frustrating. WTF!

Related forum threads

Login to post