GoKunming Forums

Transportation from South Train Station

dr.JK (23 posts) • 0

I'm arriving at the South Train Station (high-speed train from Shenzhen) next Sunday night at about 10:45pm. I would normally take the Subway back to my place in Beichen, but I don't believe it runs that late in the evening. Does anyone know if this is the case and if not, are there ways to get to other parts of the city (like, the bus) that aren't too expensive (like Didi or taxi)?

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Buses and subway will indeed have stopped by then.
If you decide to take a taxi I highly recommend you straight out the front of the station (North on Beijing Lu) a couple of blocks and hail a passing cab. The ones that hang around the station are notorious for cheating newcomers and can get quite violent.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

@dr_JK
Ooops, apologies. (Though the main station has always been called the South Station)

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

You've answered your own question there. Didi is the way to go.

I was once quoted 400RMB to go from East Bus Station to the centre of town. I didn't even ask the fella he just jumped out and quoted me the price, presuming I was as stupid as he was.

This way you'll be able to look the hustlers in their smarmy, inbred faces, as they quote you a price similar to what Nasa spend getting to the moon, and tell them that you have a lift.

It will be cheap, convenient and satisfying.

Related forum threads

Login to post