GoKunming Forums

Rainfall data

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Does anyone know a source for rainfall data. I am looking for the monthly data for the last 2 years, not just the general climate monthly averages.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I'd have prayed to the rain gods for a few day-long showers like this during the drought years. But now it's all got a bit much. My neighbourhood even has green grass now!!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

Me too! I remember a few years back when we had the drought, I was happy when it rained on for days. But THIS is ridiculous!

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Friend of mine who translated a book by a Frenchman who was in Yunnan in 1870-72 says the author wrote that one year it rained 100 days straight. He entered the country from the Changjiang (Yangtse) in the far north, came to Kunming, traveled around Yunnan a bit (left the country into Viet Nam), so I'm not sure where he saw all this. However, he reported flooding in Kunming.
Despite this, I reckon we're seeing the effects of global climate change at the moment.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

So if its your friend, Alien, Liu at Mandarinbooks said around 2009 its soon translated. Sounds like a 'bar friend'. Will it ever come out? This is the Rocher book right.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -2

10 years now. Wouldnt bet high on this. In fact, someone else could start translating it - it will be a success.

Related forum threads

Login to post