GoKunming Forums

Shoe / handbag repair??

coastalfire (28 posts) • 0

Does anyone know of a reputable shoe repair shop? Or have had shoes or handbags repaired well? I have a ladies' handbag that is in good condition except for one broken strap, I took it to the tailor on my street and he said it has to be repaired at a shoe repair place. I've never happened across such a place in the area where I live... And I'm not sure how much effort I should really put into repairing a 120-kuai handbag that I've had for over a year anyway, haha. Please advise. : )

GoKunming (162 posts) • +2

There is a very kind older man on Hongshan Dong Lu who fixes shoes, bags, umbrellas etc. No shop, just a stool and tools. If you come up the street from the railroad tracks he will be on your right, sandwiched between two billboards just outside the entrance to a big apartment complex. He does good work and charges next to nothing.

coastalfire (28 posts) • 0

Very good! However, they recently moved most all the vendors off the street on Hongshan Dong Lu (very near where I live!), do you think he will still be there?

GoKunming (162 posts) • +2

He seems to be able to operate without the chengguan messing with him. Was definitely there last week :)

Related forum threads

Login to post