GoKunming Forums

Going to Lincang

Labi693 (6 posts) • 0

Hey! I'm planning to go to Lincang this summer to work as a teacher. I just wanted to know all about the place like the people, the food, the working conditions, the city, and the foreigner population over there. If anybody's been there I would like to know about your experience and suggestions, it would help me alot Thanks in advance! :')

Labi693 (6 posts) • +2

@napoleon I haven't accepted the job as yet. I still didn't say my final decision. I asked them to give me one more day before i said my final decision.

colinflahive (167 posts) • +6

There is still a Salvador's Coffee House in Lincang. In addition, there is some of Yunnan's best local cuisine available in Lincang and the surrounding countryside. There is a beautiful new park in the northern part of the city. There is some decent hiking nearby. Otherwise it is kind of your average sleepy small Chinese city. You can take weekends up in Dali if you are looking for a break from routine.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +3

Also great cycling around there, especially multi-day trips, such as a loop through Yunxian and then along the side of the Lancing River gorge.

Labi693 (6 posts) • +1

@colinflahive@Alien@DanTheMan thanks for taking the time to give the suggestions... means a lot :')

JanJal (1243 posts) • +2

My wife's brother lives in Lincang city with two children. When they first saw me (a foreigner), the older girl said I'm not really a foreigner - and that was because I'm white. She had only seen black foreigners before and assumed that's the only kind.

Related forum threads

Login to post