GoKunming Forums

Petition to Change Kunming's Weather

Alien (3819 posts) • -1

Wonder if we could get Donald Trump to sign up? But then of course it may not have anything to do with human activity. At least not yet. Maybe.
Xi Jinping would, I think, be more receptive.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

If you have babies or small kids - opt for the washing machine with the built-in dryer. We also added a heater (glorified blow dryer) to our bathroom - so we can air dry clothes hanging in the bathroom and it heats up the bathroom in winters, for giving baby a bath.

colinflahive (167 posts) • +3

Flooded farms and draught-stricken farms are equally undesirable. I won't stop fighting for a fair and balanced weather forecast.

nnoble (889 posts) • +1

......let's make the countryside great again!

OK, I'll sign. But will the WX take any blind notice of the forecast?

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

@Colin: I'm with you! We might contemplate a publication around which to organize - a title like 'Weather Resistance', front page breaking news about damp clothes on the backs of popular comrades, then with complicated theoretical arguments that no one reads on the inside in attempts to finger the culprits, with 'J'accuse'-type editorials aimed at God, Trump, friends with more than one umbrella who don't share, pleas to the monsoon god, people who boil their food rather than fry it, attacks on the regular press ('All the news that fits, we print') - get the trancedance people out there in the suburbs to choreograph rain dances, treatises on human rights, get Nevada to write new songs - the possibilities are endless and entertaining! I've been waiting for this opportunity since about 1968.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +2

This weather is all part of the “Civilized Kunming” campaign. Point is to make Kunming look like Beijing where the inspectors come from. Watch my words: as soon as the inspection has been everything will go back to normal including the weather.

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

@lemon lover: Sorry, this is a dialectical process, nothing goes backwards for long. Quote from Karl Marx: 'Who will educate the educators?', replace 'educators' with 'weathermen' - new age, new slogans.

nnoble (889 posts) • +1

Honestly, with today's production techniques a one size fits all weather forecast will not sell.

If you want people to buy into this then the only way to go is personalised weather forecasts tailored to specific needs.

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

@nnoble: Excellent! Also for small groups - it has no right to rain on Sunday afternoons in the area of the DT Bar.
Anthem: "Who'll Stop the Rain?" - Creedance Clearwater Revival, about 1969
Ian, tune your guitar.

Related forum threads

Login to post