GoKunming Forums

Petition to Change Kunming's Weather

colinflahive (167 posts) • +4

Everyone, please sign the petition to change Kunming's weather back to how it used to be. Stand up and fight for the weather we deserve. You have the power to make change happen. Make Weather Forecasts Great Again!

nnoble (889 posts) • +2

I can't be the only one who genuinely likes this weather. Great nighttime storms, beautiful fresh air.

Of course, the cost of landslides is terrible.

I'll have to abstain.

Stratocaster (161 posts) • -1

Same weather up here in LiJiang, but it sure beats the sweltering southern coastal cities like Guangzhou and Xiamen.

seaforte03 (16 posts) • +1

maybe in a couple of years, after we recover from that LONG drought. But I'm kind of with @nnoble - clean, cool (for the summer) and if it's raining, mosquitoes aren't buzzing around (until the rain stops...then it's a stampede).

The restaurants aren't as crowded - good for me, not so good for the restaurateurs, the zoo is mostly as empty and uncrowded as it'll ever get, and green lake park is a pleasant stroll (with an umbrella).

debaser (647 posts) • 0

Colin, where do I sign? Riding to work in this weather sucks. The average local road user acts even MORE retarded the more it rains.

@seaforte03 - good point...

I don't miss those mosquitoes.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • +1

After that extremely dry winter I don't mind a bit of rain. This is my 8th summer here, and it seems to rain every summer, so it's pretty normal, but difficult to get the laundry to dry.

The dog wants the rain to stop so he can go out for a proper walk without puddles. Are paw prints accepted on the petition?

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • 0

Yes! Let's go back to the days of water rationing and low water pressure. I enjoyed those images of yunnan farmers in villages (like those many of your waitress came from) looking at their bone-dry fields that have split open with desperation in their eyes.

Those were fun days.

Related forum threads

Login to post