GoKunming Forums

Cost of Digital Piano

sanfranciscoguy888 (26 posts) • 0

How much does a digital piano keyboard cost from some place like Walmart or Carrefour, or whatever shop you might usually buy them from in Kunming? A portable one would be fine.

Something similar in level to a Casio PX-150, PX-160, or a Yamaha DGX-660? Weighted keys, preferably 88 keys, if possible?

What brands are good?

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

They start around CNY 1k-1.5k for off brand chinese 88key keyboards and go up. The yamaha low end start around CNY 2k.

Look at the music shops along 121 street (starting around 121 street and BeiMen Street) outside Yunnan University and Yunnan Minorities University for stores - I don't recall ever seeing the 88key keyboards at walmart or carrefour (or metro for that matter) as they tend to be significantly slower moving merchandise.

Check out taobao.com and jd.com for prices (or tmall.com) to get competitive pricing before you venture out - so you know your prices.

Also - on taobao and in retail stores, it's possible to buy used or second hand digital pianos.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

@ sanfransisco

Have left a Yamaha P 115 in Yunnan. Bought new, little used. Send private message if it falls within your cathegory, and youd be interested in buying it.

sanfranciscoguy888 (26 posts) • 0

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I prefer to buy a cheaper used Casio PX-150/160/360 as you get the most bang for the buck. I'll ask my wife how to use taobao or jd or tmall to search for the used stuff.

Related forum threads

Login to post