GoKunming Forums

Arrive in Kunming then get a teaching job?

JTefl (12 posts) • 0

Ah that's perfect! I'd love to study Chinese and if I could stay in Kunming while a Z visa is in progress that is great.

I couldn't work illegally, I just want to enjoy my time there instead of being paranoid of every police officer.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Yes, and you're going to need the Chinese anyway. I've noticed that many English teachers here who don't already know much of any Chinese when they start teaching tend not to learn all that much later, either.

JTefl (12 posts) • 0

I actually thought this and thought I could shave before going, but looks like I can't get past the interview stage with it :'(

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

'Schools like clean shaven white teachers. You will increase your odds. Sad but true.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

I didn't notice if this was covered:

Someone wrote a requirement is 2 years teaching experience. You wrote that you have all the requirements, but then wrote that you graduated in 2017.

It may be worth to note, that the 2 year teaching experience requirement generally only includes experience AFTER graduation.

That considered, you do not have the needed requirements.

About the beard - they may take you for a backpacker.

JTefl (12 posts) • 0

JanJal I've been a teacher for over 12 years, I realize that isn't the requirement which is a little crazy. As for the beard, it's very well looked after and I'm a smart individual. I even twist the mustache :)

vicar (817 posts) • +1

Don't worry about the beard. You should see some of the females!

Related forum threads

Login to post