GoKunming Forums

Is there a certified foreign shrink?

fixitwithahammer (165 posts) • 0

I am looking for a foreign or western educated Chinese shrink, ideally with some hypnosis experience.

I also need an adult ADHD test for an insurance claim or to be accurate, a waiver.
So, if you know someone, please let me know.

I don't care if the doc is affiliated to a hospital or a private practicioner. But he must be certified.

I would appreciate your help.

Cheers

nailer (99 posts) • +2

Hi, you can call The Bridge and ask. They have counsellors etc both western and chinese so they have what you need.

Their website doesnt seem to be working right now: www.dawenchina.com

But you can try this number: 0871 6530 0819

Good luck.

nailer (99 posts) • 0

They're a christian run organisation i think, but as far as i know they dont push any religion on people.

They look alright but I cannot see any official affiliation. They seem to have their own quality standards but no certified psychotherapists on staff. Unfortunately I need an official stamp from a certified shrink.

But I will give them a call now and see what they say.

Anyway it's huge help. Thanks nailer.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

This is just a suggestion as I have no experience in this matter. If you contact your local/family doctor in your home country, is there anyway in which this can be done online? The insurance claim at least...

@Vicar

Unfortunately I can't. The test is rather complex and needs face to face time. I don't think a shrink would be happy to give his stamp under an over the phone test.

Actually I did a test with a shrink before but it was a favour and not official. That's why I need it documented, now.

jojio (54 posts) • 0

The counsellors at Bridge are fine folks, reasonably priced compared to the west, and helpful.
But its counselling, not shrink.
I was told, however, by a counsellor there that the clinic where folks go to get the medical check for visas has a psychiatrist who is western trained and able to offer therapy and meds. I aint been, but worth a look perhaps.

Related forum threads

Login to post