GoKunming Forums

Trump VS. The Resistance

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Trump's approach to NK turned out to be the right decision. Problem not solved but Kim received a proper slap on his hand and realized his BS crossed the line.
I feel Trump's approach to Afganistan will go in this same direction with Pakistan upping their game to fight terrorism. We will see.

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

@Bucko: I disagree that Trump's approach to North Korea was the right one, but agree that the problem is not solved. However, the main problem is the idea of US administrations that they have the right to dominate the world and to maintain the majority of the world's nuclear weapons to do so - North Korea is nothing compared to this threat.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Alien: Could provide some support for your BS claims?

When has the US, any administration, claimed the right to dominate the world?

Where did you find information that the US maintains "the majority of the world's nuclear weapons?"

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Geezer: US hasn't claimed it, it's my theory and that of others, based on their behavior. Would be happy to hear your theory.
"Majority of...nuclear weapons" - a guess. I'll change it to 'more than any other nation's' if you like, but I think my 1st guess is the correct one. At any rate, a lot more than North Korea.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Where do you get "more than any other nation's?"

Are you just pulling it out of your posterior orifice?

The US is far from perfect but that doesn't license you to make stuff up when you really can't make a point.

Geezer (1953 posts) • -1

How bizarre can it get?

ESPN pulled sports announcer Robert Lee from working a college football game be cause ESPN feared his name would offend people. Statues of Confederate general Robert E Lee have been protested lately.

Sports announcer Robert Lee is Asian.

Geezer (1953 posts) • +1

@Alien: "common knowledge" is a pretty lame excuse for defending a personal bias. Shall we descend into using jingoist propaganda to make points?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +2

The common knowledge argument.

I don't have any facts, but it is common knowledge = I don't have any facts.

When A+B=A, then B=0.

I am sorry but the, "but it's common knowledge", argument will only ever be a poor attempt at claiming some intellectual high ground.

Perfect for the post truth era.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.