GoKunming Forums

Trump VS. The Resistance

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -1

Ok, lets leave some time here, theres no rush. I will come up with the suggestion within, what shall we say, 6 weeks?

Will get back to this thread then.

I can even wire my candidate by Kindle if its fresh ut, and China proves difficult here.

Any fresh book suggestions for a prototype leftist like Alien are also welcomed by other forum members. If none around, I will dig one out, within 6 weeks, hope that sounds ok.

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@alien
I checked to confirm I wrote "housekeeping", not housecleaning.

Housekeeping meant paying attention to setting one's own house in order. We've had this problem coming at us for quite some time (over 30 years) and it seems to be coming to a head.

On another note, I noticed my request for forum civility was unanimously and thoroughly utterly hammered down (5 negative votes and zero approvals) - dunno if that's because of me or because of the request itself - but either way, most regrettable.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +4

i think the downvotes because of james3:1. basically you presumed to make the requesf, maybe some thought yhou were overstepping

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@dazzer
perhaps - I merely "bounced" some of the TOS, but added the term civility (my interpretation). Nevertheless, point taken.

Regards.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Heres a followup on a dialogue with Alien.

So I just did a quick look on Amazon and like some - shall we call them 'intellectuals' or 'conservatives' - have said, the public awareness has not yet fully realized the rise of the violent left.

You do find articles online, but very few books, as the phenomenon creeped in from behind, its subtle in character too, recent, and media did not cover it. Looking on Amazon with the word 'antifa' or 'rise of the violent left' etc etc, bring up these anarchist cookbooks type of books, that actually support the rise of leftist violence, decadence, lunatic revolution, and related hate groups to some degree. Or have a nostalgic undertone. That would be totally wrong book for Alien. Well, in conclusion, a few are out, yes, while not recent, they cover some areas. Will come with a suggestion list one day. Orwells Animal Farm, sure, but like said, looking for something more recent here.

Chomskys 'Manufacturing consent" can be found as pirate versions allover Internet, which is not a surprise. It sells for around 18USD as Kindle download, which Im going for. The thought of having a Chomsky book on the Ipad later, is already giving a creepy feeling. Well, it can be deleted, I also dislike the idea that it is recorded somehwhere Peter bought a Chomsky book, but going this way, no big deal, heh.

Geezer (1953 posts) • -1

@Alien:

What about Trump and assistance to Puerto Rico? The island is 1100 miles (1800 Km) from the mainland and the logistics problem of providing for 3.5 million people are immense.

Two major storms, impacting tens of millions of Americans, struck the US prior to a third storm hitting Puerto Rico. So far ten US navy ships have arrived at Puerto Rico along with 2,500 military personnel. The number of ships and military persons will double within a few days.

@Alien: Do you have a specific

complaint about Trump handling of relief for Puerto Rico? Perhaps you should contact Hillary Clinton, who enhances her book tour by giving instructions to Trump, and consult with her. Bear in mind she remains somewhat behind the power curve as she was on Benghazi.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -7
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

I have a few suggestions for a book title that would suit Alien in this deal. As Im too early out, the books will probably come out after two years from now, and theres no time to wait. But here are the imaginary titles I wish was for sale already:

"When the lunatic left even recruited jihadists for their cause"

"Our violence potential was huge, we were just too many mental cases. Memoirs of an activist."

"The revolution of the pigs is back"

"Prozac generation: How psychiatric drugs led to violent activism"

PS. Btw. Thats not meant as personal attack on you Alien, just on the lunatic left, without too much definition here.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Peter: Imaginary books provide neither accurate information nor intelligent analysis.
@Geezer: Read a report to the effect that non-US ships would not be allowed to take emergency aid to Puerto Rico - possible I got the info wrong.
I have no use for Hillary.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.