GoKunming Forums

Trump VS. The Resistance

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

Roughly half of the voting public elected Trump (electoral college issues aside), so Peter's actually in rather good company.

Again - please refrain from casting aspersions to people's id etc. It's not debate, it's just online bullying.

Agree or disagree with Peter's threads - but devolving into personal attacks is not debate nor forum protocol.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +6

agree to a point micheal, but i think that peter is not a victim here, probley the worst offender. just go back and look at some of his recent postings and judge fer yerself

Alien (3819 posts) • +4

59.7% of US eligible voting public voted in 2016. Trump lost popular vote. US is 31st out of 35 'developed countries' in voter participation.

Trump is a global problem, in my view, as is, frequently at least, any US government. Nobody gets to vote for any nation-state leader except that state's citizens, as far as I know - which seems to make sense as a general rule - but then you must consider that the US government, unlike that of, say, Zimbabwe, influences the lives of people all over the planet, either directly or through the global economic institutions that it defends. Of course you could say that non-US citizens have no business voting in US elections, but in response the US government might be asked to stop screwing with them, which no US politician or US-international businessman would be willing to do. And while I know of no international poll, so far only the people of Poland are suspected of being, in the main, in favor of Trump as president, I I have no idea whether this is in fact true.
@Dazzer, Peter, anybody: Suggest that we deal here with information, ideas and arguments relevant to the topic at hand that are presented by the individual posters who produce them, for whatever reason they may have. We could also have another thread specifically on poster's personalities or way of posting or insulting behaviour, etc., if that is considered interesting enough.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Alien, I could have answered your question myself, but taking the chance to promote this guy. This comment can be deleted if considered inappropriate, I can well understand doing politics with links here doesnt look appealing. But this is the Trump thread, so maybe it will pass? Still a disclaimer: Heres just very recent 2 min. newsclip that answers Aliens question (and a good text there under it), and something that can be agreed upon. Take away if crosses a line.

dailycaller.com/[...]

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -2

Look at this guys, bet his wife is already wondering/complaining why he is so tense. :)

mengna (62 posts) • +1

@Peter99
Refering to the Dailycaller as your source of information? Wander why nobody serious takes you serious?

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.