GoKunming Forums

Trump VS. The Resistance

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

@vicar: No, America is not totalitarian. Different ways to skin a cat. We need to take advantage of the differences, as long as they last.
ps to Michael: As for Iran today, it's got a lot more going for it than Saudi Arabia does, or virtually any of the Arab countries, for that matter - not a population that needs to be bombed, invaded or controlled from Washington, projects that the relatively large Iranian population would strongly object to, to say the least.

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

@vicar: Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean to make use of all the non-totalitarian institutions in the US and in a great number of other places as much as possible, even though they are dominated by the overall wealth/privilege/law/ownership/indoctrination/violence/inequality/labor exploitation racket. Any success on our part may well lead to repression by the powers that be, but in most places people are not under totalitarian control (and I rather think complete totalitarian control is probably impossible) and can hopefully get some things done before repression is instituted (indeed, the institutionalizing of real repressive measures can almost be seen as a compliment: "Thank you, man, you're finally taking us seriously!").

As Michael said, however, it's difficult to get various yahoos and others even interested enough in understanding their own situations (much less to take responsibility for how they may affect others, which is not always obvious) to be able to present a clear, reasoned and informed disagreement with what I'm saying - and to be honest enough to accept that an insult does not take the place of an argument until you don't want to reason anymore, but only to fight.
Actually, that's not even the worst, the worst is self-centered complacency and lack of honesty concerning personal responsibility. (i.e.: Bad Faith)...
Damn I've got to stop drinking all this coffee.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

Actually, the US military doesn't like wars - they like FUNDING. Wars spend money on soldiers, bullets, fuel, logistics & transportation - operationally ludicrously expensive.

The US military loves its R&D budgets...so expect NOT to see more wars, but more military budget (wars to follow)...

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -2

Just looking at the headline here. Trump vs "The Resistance".

Johnny Rotten of Sex Pistols came out in support of Trump some weeks back. Now that is "the resistance" if anyone.

Seems like all the cool guys are for Trump, (like Peter99 also) and then these Michael Moores, Bonos, Paul McCarneys and rest of the hybrid men who have stopped producing testosterone are some weird "resistance". Paul McCartney, who wrote some great songs, look at that guy now.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -1

Argument. its not any argument, its just an observation.

Whatsup with all these questions of yours A, thats your neat little trick to get people to explain to You, isnt it.

Not that it would matter, just if you are going to go on with so many questions you may as well number them, so we can keep them in order.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.