GoKunming Forums

Trump VS. The Resistance

Stratocaster (161 posts) • -5
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Westerners, Americans in particular, are at odds with each over President Trump. So much so that they seem to want to bring up the topic in any thread, regardless of how unrelated it may be. Therefore, this thread is for all those who wish to argue about Trump and The Resistance. It is hoped that neither side is reduced to flaming, but rather try to keep in the spirit of supporting calm, reasoned, logical arguments backed up with evidence whenever possible.

Stratocaster (161 posts) • -8

I'll start it off by stating that I'm firmly in the resistance, however, I'm willing to keep an open mind about any action taken by the Trump administration. So far, there have only been a few things that I'm not against - the deployment of the THAAD missile defense in S. Korea and the bombing of the Syrian airbase in response to the chemical weapons attack launched by Assad.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

I'll finish it off by saying this has no relevance on Go Kunming. There was a period quite a while before the American election when the Americans on here managed to bring it into absolutely every discussion on here, no matter how far removed from politics, however that hasn't been the case for a while, and long may it continue.

Perhaps you and the rest of the American political commentator bores can take this discussion somewhere better suited than a forum for daily life in Kunming.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Okay, I don't like Trump, and Resistance means something to me, but it's because my main thought is that any economico-socio-political system that can't do better than offering people a choice for Ruler like the last one is seriously busted and needs radical replacement - well, radical alteration, at least. Short of that, the planet will only suffer further disasters like the one we're embarked on now, and have been embarked on for quite a while.
As for Napoleon, I can't imagine how one can imagine that one is away from politics anywhere these days, though rock climbing and screwing perhaps come close.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

Trump is the make believe 'resistance' against the 'system'. As soon as he got the presidency, he was told what he could and couldn't do, and still is. He's getting involved in foreign affairs with the military and not putting America first. Exactly, what Clinton would be doing right now. All the hatred spewed during and after the US elections are a joke.

Alien (3819 posts) • -1

The rich and powerful and 'successful' don't resist the systems that allow them to be rich and powerful and 'successful', because that would deprive them of the use of those who make them that way. They do fight with each other, tho, often by using the rest of us to do so.
Trump thinks he's won this round, but I wonder.

Stratocaster (161 posts) • -6

I agree with @vicar's statement that Trump is the make believe resistance against the system. After hearing the names Clinton and Bush come up in the primaries, a lot of people may have thought, "Oh God, if either of them wins, nothing will change." People were desperate and wanted to believe in someone radically different. Trump came along, and like that great old Who song, prayed they "won't get fooled again." Thanks @vicar and @Alien for joining in without flaming. I also appreciate @Napoleon's input.

bucko (695 posts) • -11

At the worst Trump is shaking up our whole govt system and exposing the BS going on there for years.

At best, he will actually purge the "open border globalist elites" and effect change that will benefit the American people and the USA.

The status quo govt is dying and it is my hope the US can now attain it's previous stature in the world.

I hope Muslims will regard the USA as a place they do not care to live and breed.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.