GoKunming Forums

Spat with Kim

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -1

Theres another thing with news now, its commonly faked at the base sources. Or if news people are not doing the faking, they are either cooperating with the ones doing it, or being fooled by people faking. This could be a bomb attack on children or something like that, to really hype it up. Then this news is blown up to massive proportions and then aggressive demands for politicians to take action. This phenomenon seems like an epidemic thing now. Many kind people in Europe who wanted help children in need, ended up getting thousands able men (many soldiers) on their turf instead - and not a single bloody child, which they expected after watching "news". Men, who should be building their countries and protect their families, and not hang idle in foreign shopping centres with their mobile phones. And just another recent Asian observation - and without taking stance - if you ask a burmese now, many say not to believe a word about what mainstream media reports about conflict in Western Burma. Go figure.

vicar (817 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

Media pesuasion/control has been going on for centuries. In fact, it's no different to the illusion of magic or spirtual powers millenia ago used by high priests. (The Wizard of Oz). The recent fake news phenonemon came in at a time when people were starting to lose faith in mainstream origins and aims. With a redirection of focus, a tighter grip takes hold as we accept more willinglly that truth can be as fake as lies. Hence, informatiion can continue to be mediated at will and those with the most means will communicate loudest. As ever, the majority look on, mesmorized...

dr. chibbles (36 posts) • +2

So the Chinese government blacked out your internet while North Korea launched another missile?

My connection here in KM was perfectly fine. you must be quite important. Me? Much less so.

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

Exactly, Napoleon: "If you have to ask who THEY are, you're a real amateur in paranoia" - I think Thomas Pynchon write that.

Related forum threads

Login to post