GoKunming Forums

Street Stabbings

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

No coverage so I thought to share. Yesterday morning on Hongshan Nan Lu near the intersection of Hongshan Dong Lu a man with a mental illness took an axe to the general public. Multiple people were seriously injured. Police turned up but were unable to constrain the attacker, and ultimately shot him.

Apparently the attacker was a Chinese man in his mid 30s.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +3

If must have been a tough case, Usually the police manage to subdue the person. If the man was mentally ill, that does not make him a scumbag.

If we extend the logic, then we need to shoot all of the the mentally ill people, then we are no better than the Nazis.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • -6
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

It appears that some people on here are pro stabbing innocent people in the street.

Being a loon isnt licence to go on benders without consequences. One more harmful idiot without the faculties for daily life that we now don't have to share the earth with, and for that we should be grateful.

I'm sure you'd be a little less forgiving if it was you or someone who you knew that this moron was attacking with an axe. It wasn't so you've gone all high and mighty.

No one is saying let's kill ALL the mental people, let's just make an exception for the ones wielding axes on the general public should we?

Haali (1178 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

In this instance I agree with Nap. If someone is trying to kill others with an axe, use of lethal force is appropriate. Putting this maniac out of his misery was the right thing to do, he'd either have got a life sentence or death sentence anyway.

Were any of the victims killed?

vicar (817 posts) • +2

The police are already well equipped with large shields, long grabbing sticks, spray and batons. 3 policemen could have taken him down. I think there were about 40 police there but give people guns and they will be used.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.