GoKunming Forums

The salary is confidential...

inchina (5 posts) • 0

I'm not sure if anybody else has tried to apply for the early childhood centre position advertised by Kream123 or has worked for them before but if so I'd like to hear about your experience there. My experience didn't get past the phone call I made to ask for more information. My first question was ' how many hours per week?' To this the answer was 'we don't work that way, you will work from 9:00 to 6:00 Wednesday to Sunday.' My following question was regarding the additional payment of classes that is stated in the advertisement. This question was met with the answer 'that's confidential.' After questioning why this can't be discussed before going through the process of applying, I received a fairly aggressive response from the guy called Troy. Very blunt and rudely I was told, that I had seen 5000 in the advertisment, if I thought 5000 a month wasn't good enough for Kunming don't call and ask about the job. I'm curious if anybody has bothered jumping through the hoops to discover what the heavily guarded salary secret is.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Sounds fishy. Don't even bother. If the salary was good they would brag about it. Chances are you will get cheated.

Geezer (1953 posts) • +2

My experience has unfailingly been, when dealing with vague pay and work conditions, that the reason for the lack of candor is intent to screw the teacher.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It sound like Troy may have been derided over the pay or terms and conditions and takes everything personally. Or Troy doesn't know and does not want to sound like he is a person without authority. The problem is more likely to be Troy's than it is the school's, unless troy is the owner/centre manager.
I worked for one company and we were not permitted to talk about T&Cs over the phone. We waited until candidates came in before disappointing them. Which was a waste of time for everyone, but we had to abide by company policy. At least we were not rude.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

In fairness, the school might not be that bad, even if their recruitment process does suck. We don't know what the T&Cs are, as they would not discuss them, they may or may not be poor. Obviously the recruiter and the process would benefit from some attention.

Some schools can be run unprofessionally, but still be great places to work. Others can be extremely slick, and be terrible place to work.

inchina (5 posts) • 0

From the attitude I received when just asking some very standard questions, I would guess the school would be a poor place to work and the salary would reflect that. As someone stated, if it was great pay, they'd be all too happy to tell you about it. Still very curious on how low the salary is (for entertainment purposes) but not willing to waste time applying just to find out.

Related forum threads

Login to post