GoKunming Forums

Incredibly rude floor staff , Chinese Eastern

BlueSky11 (4 posts) • -1

Leaving kunming, the floor staff at the airport for this airline were so very rude, it was hard to believe.. Don't they get any training for basics of customer service?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +3

2 things. 1 customer service is never great here. 2 and most important, these people have had to deal with chinese travelers during the nations rush to get home, and probably working loads of overtime and taking a lot of crap from shitty people who are most likely to say 'do you know who I am', or just shout until they get what they want, and if they dont get it shout some more, or form a group and lets all shout at the airport staff together. if i had had a week like that, i wouldnt really care anymore either.

tallamerican (396 posts) • +3

China Eastern is a terrible airline which I only fly if no other option available. Few times i have flown with them we have been 3-4 hours late in taking off. Every time the staff has been unwilling or unable to give any reasons for the big delay. People when they are missing their connections, become angry when an airline will not be courteous enough to even tell them why, after getting to the airport early, and already sitting for 1-2 hours waiting for your flight, you must sit for 3-4 more hours on very uncomfortable chairs.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • +2

staff unable. they are given no info, maybe a little knowledge is a dangeroius thing. this is management decision, coming out of a crap system. also yes crap airline but i do feel sorry for the grunt on the ground

allen999 (2 posts) • +4

I've flown with them 3 times. The first time everything went smoothly. The other 2 times turned into a trip from hell with 2 hours of arguing with the ticket agents to honor the ticket I purchased in advanced.

Never again,

Haali (1178 posts) • +3

I too feel sorry for anyone working for an airline over the holidays. But China Eastern are rubbish.

bucko (695 posts) • +3

China Eastern is a crap airline, But I agree the staff has been beat up for the past week so their attitude would be worse than normal.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

They've always been very kind and helpful with me and always got me to where I wanted to go on time. Touch wood!

Related forum threads

Login to post