GoKunming Forums

Metro Store South open.

Xiefei (539 posts) • +1

@jopasny: Any card from any branch in China should work. I use my old Beijing one at the Beichen location all the time.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Ha ha!. Should, yes :-) Will?
I will let you know as soon as I have tried shopping there.

I went there on the first day to make sure it was open, and it was. Lots of people, but I did not buy anything as I was on my bike.

I went again at 8pm last night, queues of cars onto Guangfu Lu, and so I went home. I expect it will be crazy for the first few weeks. Maybe I will do a 6am run, or just drive over to Beichen for now.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Decathlon has some nice outdoor stuff at pretty good prices. Will be a nice addition to Kunming for one stop camping and outdoor shopping.

Ooh! yes.
I am looking forward to buying outdoor wear clothes in Euro sizes for everyday wear. Clothes for people with hips and bums, and bigger shoe sizes.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Metro cards work in China nationwide and once, staff even let me in

European store with my card, but I couldn't get some of the billing documents (for obvious reasons VAT, and other taxes)and I dunno if it was just a nice bloke, or if you have access to all stores E.U. wide. Anyway, we got the items we needed. ;)

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I'd say Decathlon has slightly larger sizes, but not by much except on the jackets. Don't want to get your hopes up too much. But prices on their house branded exercise clothing is really nice.

I am international 2XL, China 4XL and I can get clothes there. Trousers, shirts, and sports gear. Sizes are larger than I can get at GAP, for example (max 3XL)
The big issue with a lot of local market stuff in larger sizes is that Chinese people are smaller in hips/butt/thighs. I have had trousers that fit around the waist, but are too tight in the aforementioned place.

Marks and Spencer have a Tmall store, and have the different cut of clothing I need, but can be a bit pricey, and they do less casual outdoor wear.

Kongming (83 posts) • +1

Is the southern Metro anywhere near a subway stop?The Northern one is practically next to the Bei Chen subway stop.

Related forum threads

Login to post