GoKunming Forums

Trying to buy a dog

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I have a french bulldog and I always have to put him on a lease. Many dog owners here are not responsible. They don't leash their dogs or pick up after them. They say "my dog doesn't bite", yeah right! If it has teeth it can sudden bite.

They always ask me why I leash my dog and I say that if my dog decides to attack your dog, how am I to restrain him if he's not on a leash?
When my dog was a puppy he was bitten on the ear by a bigger dog and every time he see's a big dog he wants to attack (that's how traumatize he is now). He's 11 years old now. Get a cat if you want company. Ha.Ha.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

A dogo needs lots of space to run and lots of stimulation. If they get bored they can be very destructive. They attack other animals if not socialized properly and slobber a lot.

Not a dog for an apartment.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I haven't seen any boerboels around. I have seen some pits, though they are apparently not allowed. It's not just about what breeds are banned in China, but what breeds are not allowed in the city.

Unfortunately, the pet markets here are mostly horrible puppy mills. They sometimes even drug and dye the dogs to make them look better/healthier before the sale.

You'll basically have to do what responsible owners do back home, and put in the effort to get to know a reputable breeder.

Dakshin (11 posts) • 0

Yeah I went to one dog market and got sick. So I decided to go to vet who gave me a list of dogs she can get from reputable breeders, oddly not that expensive. She was saying 3000 which seems like nothing for a pure bred male, but we'll see when she sends me pics/videos of the puppies.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

Delete 'reputable breeders'. Insert 'breeders that she knows that will give a fat kickback, or will allow the vet to name their own retail price'. No pun intended.

Related forum threads

Login to post