GoKunming Forums

Trying to buy a dog

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@ tiger: you may have a point here about farmer's dogs etc., but if you get the dog as a puppy and treat him well, you're problem not going to have this problem. I doubt if many farmers' dogs are of any particular breed, illegal or otherwise. Note that farm kids grow up with farmer's dogs, successfully, for the most part.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • +1

We have a local farm dog at home, 云南土狗

have had her since 2004 and so far so good, we are very happy with her. She has been quite low maintenance but with age has become a little snappy around kids visiting our home, but no issue for our own kids or kids that are known to the family. We got her when she was about 5 weeks old and just weaned.

Farm dogs need to be given a very good cleaning and deworming. Check very carefully for insects in the ears and on the skin.
We were able to register her no problems.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

@tiger
Of course don’t go for an old cage dog or a snapping chain dog.
Going through rural area I came across quite some nice companion dogs and dogs used as shepherd dogs. Actually a friend of mine has one and this is the best dog I know in China.
They do not fall under the illegal breeds.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

The pups from a snapping chain dog, are more likely to be snappers. That is the point I was trying to make. As the temperament is also in the breeding, not just the nurturing.

Dennis K. (16 posts) • 0

Hey guys, can you tell me where i can register my dog, got all the shots already, anyone know the exact adress?

Related forum threads

Login to post