GoKunming Forums

Trying to buy a dog

Dakshin (11 posts) • 0

Yeah that's my fear. Dogo's are distinctive enough that I will know that if getting a mutt, I just want to know i'm not buying from a puppy mill. Would it be worthwhile to go and confirm this vet only works with humane breeders? Or get some sort of read on her moral philosophy?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

puppy farms don't sell mutts just farm bread dogs with false papers verified by a vet. actual breed but inbred in dirty places

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

To revive this thread, does anyone know a way to find a reputable breeder somewhere in the region (if such a thing exists)? We are looking to get a dog for our family but not too keen on getting one from a dog market at one of the 花鸟市场s

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

Thousands of dogs caged / slaugthered / eaten every single day in the middle kingdom... maybe you shouldn't buy a "bread" dog. Better help one out and find a loyal friend for live by adopting one of many! If that's an option for you, get in touch with Robin aka mPRin (use search function on top) and visit a dog shelter.

M.N. Uddin (11 posts) • +3

Hello, it will be really good if you can give a better life to a dog or puppy from a rescued animal shelter. If you are interested, then I can share contact with you. Please add me on wechat "

mun2003dhk

"

cheers

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

I appreciate the idea of taking in a dog from the animal shelter, but would need to look into that more since I have young kids in my home and wouldn't want a dog that may harm them. But back to my question, aside from others' opinions on what I should do, does anyone know honest dog breeders/sellers around the area?

Haali (1178 posts) • +3

Why pay for a dog from a breeder when there are thousands and thousands of calm friendly dogs available for free? So called pure breeds tend to have health problems and lack brains/personality. My aunt has an expensive pup of a showdog champ, it's the most boring, least responsive dog I have ever met. My family has had 3 crossbreed rescue dogs and they all have been wonderful with people and had loads of lust for life and character.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +1

@bluegrass
“honest dog breeders/sellers” is a bit of contradiction in terms
The whole idea of breeding and selling is to make as much money as possible and being honest in this is a disadvantage.
Don’t expect to find dogs here of which the breed in the literature describes them as having certain characteristics. The over production and inbreeding together with the early separation of the mother (Dogs have to look nicely fluffy here to fetch a good price) makes most dogs here physical and mental wracks.

Better to get a run of the mill farmer’s dog. Survival of the fittest has cleaned up their genes.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +1

@bluegrass
“honest dog breeders/sellers” is a bit of contradiction in terms
The whole idea of breeding and selling is to make as much money as possible and being honest in this is a disadvantage.
Don’t expect to find dogs here of which the breed in the literature describes them as having certain characteristics. The over production and inbreeding together with the early separation of the mother (Dogs have to look nicely fluffy here to fetch a good price) makes most dogs here physical and mental wracks.

Better to get a run of the mill farmer’s dog. Survival of the fittest has cleaned up their genes.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Farmers dogs will not have been socialized, and 'fittest' on the farm can also include snappy, mean mutt. They might well be healthy, but are not suitable as family dogs. Some will have been raised in a cage, and definitely not house trained.
Also, there are 32 or 33 illegal breeds of dog, according to Kunming police regulations. Many 'farmers dogs' would fall into this group.

Related forum threads

Login to post