GoKunming Forums

New Carrefour online store

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • -2

Ah ah, they have Imported food listed on its own. Keeping it by itself makes our shopping faster. For a change, segregating the laowais has become convenient!

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

The site doesn't even work properly!

Fails when trying to add delivery address which is a right pain seems as I would like something like this in English.

Shopping in China online can be a pain for those of us not reading Mandarin lol.

Someone inform me when it works properly :o)

Geezer (1953 posts) • +3

Time to learn the syntax of Chinese addresses!

The Uber app has been changed and is less 'Foreigner' friendly they say. Getting the address is supposed to be the problem. In the US your location is a GPS address sent to the driver.

Here is a comparison of an old address of mine in both English (American syntax) and Chinese (Hanzi Chinese syntax), which worked very well for me.

Geezer
Jiang Dong Si Ji Gong Yu, Apt 1708
Beijing Lu, Panlong District, 650224
Kunming, Yunnan, P.R. China

中国云南省昆明市盘龙区北京路江东四季公寓1708 Geezer
电话:18669111111

redjon777 (560 posts) • +1

Guess I'll have to educate my Chinese wife lol, as it was her I got to try after my failures with still no luck :o(
The site has a buggy feel to it, let me know if any of you manage to use if you register.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +1

I'll be using it.
This'll save me me queueing behind people who have 2 or 3 things but then have their mate push their way to the front with a trolley of vegetables as soon as it's their turn.

It'll save me the frustration from the young and trendies who want to pay via any complicated, drawn out means other than cash.

It'll save me from the idiots who get to the front, hear the total and then want to cancel certain items to fit their budget.

This'll save me from the sweet sellers who lurk in every isle and want to push their crappy sweets on you. Then and the old women who swear whichever washing up powder is on offer that week is the one you need.

It'll save me from the idiots who stop with their trolleys at the top of the escalators in order to work out where they are.

It'll save me time waiting for the idiots who pay by card and then take an age to sign the chitties, treating their signature like a work of calligraphic art.

It'll save me from asking some clueless shop bunny where an item is in a shop that she spends 20 hours of every day in, and getting the reply she doesn't know, even if the thing I'm looking for turns out to be six feet to her left.

It'll save me from the disorganised chaos of getting fruit weighed and the scrum that comes with it as most shoppers consider this to be a matter of life and death.

It'll save me from the newly introduced bullshit of having to find something to shove in a trolley to be able to use it, adding to the shite of which is already a monotonous activity.

If it saves me from those things then I'll live a bit longer and It'll all be worth it.

Just to add, went to Walmart a few days back, which I know is a classless Carrefour. Got given 2 fake 20 notes. The big American multinational using all it's class to pass on it's losses to it's customers. Classy.

redjon777 (560 posts) • +1

Napoleon just let me know if all your dreams come true and the site works for you.
Before you manage to register though just consider having a more relaxed attitude while out shopping as it seems from your problems you're creating your own stress while out and about if most of these things really bother you that much.

Related forum threads

Login to post