GoKunming Forums

Romantic Dinner Places

Krismoonpie (80 posts) • +1

Mangiamo Italian trattoria is very nice for special dinners. It's a little hard to find and you have to book a day in advance and it's a little pricey but as far as a special meal goes in Kunming it's certainly up there for western food. They are on trip advisor, there is a review that has address and contact numbers. Boss Steve speaks English

Haali (1178 posts) • +1

Mangiamo is also in the listing section of this website, along with some good reviews. I work right next to it, but I have never actually been there! Must try it sometime!

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

The Intercontinental has a nice feel.

As said before it's in a nice little area.

When you come to eating they normally have live music these days with someone either playing piano or guitar, which if you have a fave song I'm sure they'll play.

The food is pretty good to, I always love the Indian selection they have.
Somewhere I go once in a while when I've had to much continuous Chinese food lol.
Lake Dianchi is also not to far from the hotel if your looking for a late night stroll.
Wherever you go have a nice evening :o)

Nicodox (1 post) • +2

Hi! I can suggest Cantina(意老夫子)Italian Restaurant, is very nice place to have a dinner and food is very nice owner is Italian...
Cantina 9 Hongshan Dong Lu, Backstreet Block, building 11-1, Kunming
昆明虹山东路9号版筑翠园商铺11幢一层1麦当劳隔壁

redjon777 (560 posts) • +1

@Nicodox I'll agree with Cantina being a a nice Italian restaurant with nice owners having eaten there 4/5 times.

The owners were always a pleasure and the food enjoyable, shame I live on the other side of the city or I may have been more.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

A few of the new wooden commercial units on Haigeng Daba serve alcohol (one even has wine) and have tables outside, and so a walk along Dianchi is indeed another possibility after dinner.

Related forum threads

Login to post