GoKunming Forums

offline translater chinese

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Pleco for Android has Free Download!

The basic setup is free on Google play store. Once installed you can add more free stuff and buy more.

The handwriting input – with a recognition engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. It's free!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Pleco is great.
Note, Pleco handwriting input is free for Android, but is a pay for option for iOS. This won't affect the OP.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Google translate has a free android app you can get at play store. It does have free downloadable dictionaries. Chinese is one of them.

Try Google translate for android. I tried an early version and found it as difficult to use.

Info here:
support.google.com/[...]

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Google translate works offline after you download the offline language packs. Free. Not perfect but pretty decent if you try various combinations or meanings and cross reference to get context. I have current version and it's pretty easy to use and language packs have shrunk from 300 to 30mb now.

christian4870 (68 posts) • 0

Hi,
thank you all. I already downloaded the google translate offline chinese language pack to my android tablet. Seems to work perfect offline if you cut the network.
More than i need... Tks

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Pleco's handwriting works off line. Google's handwriting does not.

You might also want Google Pinyin Input for android. Newer version.

Note you can search Google Play Store using 汉字

Merzei (101 posts) • 0

I bought my Android phone in China. Unfortunately there is no Google Play store. Is there any other way to get Pleco or for that matter Google Play?

I read that if your phone doesn't come installed with Google Play, you can't add it in later...

Related forum threads

Login to post