GoKunming Forums

Using a drone for video

bucko (695 posts) • 0

@ shara

FYI, these idiots using animals to attack drones are stupid and only promoting animal abuse. If a bird comes in contact with the props of a drone, it will be seriously injured.

Drones are not toys. They are aircraft and need to be treated with great respect or you will get cut to pieces. A bird has no idea about the props, and cannot see them. They attack the aircraft body and so will be struck by the props and injured, unless these idiots are putting some kind of protection on these birds.
In any case people who don't give a crap about animal welfare and do this for money are low lifes, plain and simple. I'd like to drone them upside their head.
If a place requires security from a drone, it can be easily accomplished by using an electronic jammer to disrupt the low power radio control, which will bring it down safely and cheaply. Greenpeace should be all over that shit!

bucko (695 posts) • 0

@ mike4g_air
Built into the FW of my drone is a database of wolrdwide restricted airspace. If I fly into this area, I am warned on my controller 5 miles out. At 3 miles the drone is programmed to stop, hover, and if not turned around withing a few seconds, it will autoland right where it's at. Then you stand a good chance of it being lost. That is 3 miles from an airport, long before it becomes a hazard to approaching aircraft.
If I try to take off within a restricted zone, the engines will not even start.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@ Bucko: Does that mean that those who run commercial airlines, as well as the passengers, are low-life idiots?

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Alien, it means EXACTLY as I stated. Anyone at all, (policemen, commercial airline owners, passengers, bystanders, ANYBODY, etc) that endorses the use of wild animals to attack drones are idiots. Plain, clear, and simple. No, I digress, Dumb f#*king lowlife idiots.

I stated the obvious why.

Related forum threads

Login to post