GoKunming Forums

Is GoKunming mashed up for you?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

GoKunming seems to be behaving oddly for me. Time stamps are out and the listing of forum posts seems to change, sometimes showing different topics listed when I change page.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Yes, the forum and classifieds and comments box on the lower right side keeps changing and old threads are popping up - if you try to open one of them it opens a new page and brings you to some old stuff.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It is also showing your last post as 16 hours ago, when it has been less than an hour. Same for all posts, about 15-16 hours out of synch

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

That's why you're supposed to use and have a "staging" platform, to test stuff before you dump it on the "live" platform.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

What do you expect from people who advertise for technical assistance by calling prospective employees "code monkeys"?

YerethYereth (110 posts) • 0

There's been some technical issues with a website update that we're preparing for September, if all goes well. It should be resolved, but please do let us know if you experience any further inconveniences.

@Voltaire I'm a developer myself and would just find it amusing being called a "code monkey". Our sincere apologies if you took offense in any way.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

@Yereth, my point was not that I took offense (why would I?) - simply that it's glaringly unprofessional, a reality shared with deploying new code on to a live environment as pointed out by @michael2015.

PS. In my free professional opinion for a halfway decent developer a system the complexity of GoKunming (the degree of which has not greatly changed in a decade) would not require hiring anyone to manage, as the overheads involved in communication would exceed those in simply making required changes oneself.

YerethYereth (110 posts) • 0

@Michael2015: We are using a separate staging platform, however, there was an issue with the caching engine.

Related forum threads

Login to post