GoKunming Forums

searching for a Kungfu teacher

tazdeD (1 post) • 0

Hello,

I'm really would like to start kung fu with a friend and we are searching for a Kung fu master. Does anyone knows someone in kunming for private lessons or groups lessons?

Thx

we chat: tazdeD

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I'm never quite sure what Kung fu means in international English these days - are you referring to any/all styles of specifically Chinese martial arts (wushu)?

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

A poster by the name of taijijulia teaches various styles of TaiJi, which is a good foundation. She does both private and small group lessons. Go to the classifieds tab above, hunt for the search window, then type in <taijijulia> and you'll find her - PM (private message/mail) her. Her rates are quite reasonable. I believe Taijijulia teaches Chen Style Taiji, which is a little more dynamic than the traditional Yang style you see most people emulating.

If you're around the Yunda Green Lake Campus area, there's an elderly gent who holds private classes, mostly for the Yunda faculty. Chat them up - some of them speak English. His son has a formal studio in one of the larger shopping malls. They both teach a more martial and combative form of Taiji, to include couples (one-on-one) exercises, which you may find more to your liking.

Good luck finding your instructor!

Related forum threads

Login to post