GoKunming Forums

10 year visa updates?

goldie122 (645 posts) • +1

Has anyone gone to HK and received a 10 year visa? I see all the old threads are at least a year old. Does anyone have any information about the cost and wait time and paperwork needed?

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I guess it would depend on what kind of visa you are looking for. I was told by multiple agencies that HK would only issue a 9 year visa with 60 day stay.
I got a 9 year Q2, but the agency I dealt with talked them up to 90 days. Paperwork will obviously depend on the type of visa you are trying to get.
I paid 2,200 HKD including agency fees and it took 2 days.
I know people who got the same Q2 issued in Toronto - 10 years with 180 day stay.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Do you know how much for just the visa? I mean minus the agency fees since I would be doing it all myself.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

What good is a visa if you have to leave by force every 90 days or 180 days if your married to a Chinese national?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

the 10-year visa is what North Americans can get - pain in the butt but you get used to it when there's no alternative.

It's ok because you can stay here without depending on a school or some kind of employment. But having to leave every 2-3 months is a pain.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Liumingke, I'm not married to a Chinese national. My wife is a Canadian citizen (Chinese birth) and she's here on an S1 visa.

I don't find leaving every 90 days to be a problem, because I love a good excuse to go to Hong Kong or Chiang Mai. 60 days would be a pain in the butt.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Does seem a bit impractical.

Sure, love a holiday every so often, but wouldn't want one forced upon me.

True Napoleon but to secure a 10 yr visa without depending on anyone is nice. But yes, being forced to leave every 2-3 months may be a hassle.

Related forum threads

Login to post