GoKunming Forums

Places to stay around 100km of Qujing?

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

In the event you don't get any rational suggestions, you could get a reasonably detailed map, draw the 100km boundary, place the map on the back of a door and throw a dart. Set out for that exact location. I've done this and never had a dull trip.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Luoping - 9 Dragon Waterfall + Buyi Village.

Luliang - Sha Lin - Sand Forest.

Xuanwei - There are 8 Ham companies (Black pig) in Xuanwei. I had a 2 hour tour of a xuanwei plant (small) and it was a learning experience (Packing, cleaning, prepping, sausages, shipping so on). Xuanwei is home to 1 of the 3 famous hams in China. Xuanwei is also the home of DengXiaoping's wife. Train goes to Xuanwei.

Xuanwei Ham from Yunnan + Jinhua Ham from Zhejiang + Rugao Ham from Jiangsu.

Qilin District - Capital has much to see for me because I am into temples. Also Dragon park. There are several historical and cultural sites in Qilin district. Train goes to Qilin.

Huize has a lot to see but that may be out of your 100 km radius. It is 100 km from Zhaotong. Several historical and cultural sites in Huize.

Largest earth dam in asia.
9 Hui Guan (halls) from different provinces in China.
Nagu + Baiwu Old Towns are on the Historical list.
Tang Ji Yao's house (Tomb is inside Kunming Zoo) as well as some Red Army locations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tang_Jiyao

www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/13255/kunming_zoo#post-87155

A bit more out of town is the Black Neck Crane Nature Reserve.

Lots of history here. For me there is a lot to see but for others they may feel differently.

Related forum threads

Login to post