GoKunming Forums

Shaxi from Qiantou

AlexisESL (10 posts) • 0

Hi, does anyone know if there is a bus station in Qiantou that can take us to Jianchuan and then on to Shaxi? I'm not sure about the logistics of getting there

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

If you gave us the chinese would be most helpful.

If you told us where it is would be most helpful.

Is it in Dali or Lijiang or Sichuan, etc?

Most people know where Jianchuan and Shaxi is but most people have no idea what/where Qiantou is.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

Sure Alexis! Hope you guys are having fun.

Just get any bus headed for Lijiang! These will head down the river a little, cross, then climb the mountain. Just after climbing, there is a turnoff for the old road southward to Dali, which passes Jianchuan. When you get there, jump off.

Wait awhile and another bus will come by headed that way.

Once on a bus, you have two options, either stay in Jianchuan itself (couple of OK but basic hotels) or continue to Shaxi by bus. From either location you can climb up to the carvings at Shizhongshan/Shibaoshan. If you go from Shaxi, you have to walk. If you go from Jianchuan, you can get a driver to drop you up there (hire one or hitch), then walk back down. I actually walked both up and down, which was a really long day and not recommended.

There is an ongoing archaeological dig around the Jianchuan lake, as well as some old Nanzhao-era towers atop mountains further south (toward Dali) from the Shaxi/Jianchuan area.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

桥头 qiaotou - is NOT the same as Qiantou.

Do you mean the Qiaotou in Hu Tiao Xia in Shan Gri La in Diqing? Near Tiger Leaping Gorge.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutiaoxia_Town

Tiger Leaping Gorge is at the border between Lijiang and Diqing. If this is where you are then follow the advice given to you above by Voltaire.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The new highway from Dali or Lijiang can take you to Jian Chuan where you can visit the 1000 Lion Mountain, Jian Chuan Old Town, Shaxi Old Town, and Stone Treasure Mount (Shi Bao Shan).

You can rent a taxi from Jianchuan for 200 Yuan. The taxi will take you to all 3 temples in Stone Treasure Mount and bring you back to Jianchuan. - You can also do the entire loop for 250 Yuan. Jianchuan to Shi Bao Shan then on to Shaxi and then back to Jianchuan.

I recommend you stay an extra day and climb 1000 Lion Mountain. I really like this place.

www.gokunming.com/[...] - Jian Chuan

www.gokunming.com/[...] - Shaxi

www.gokunming.com/[...] - Stone Treasure Mountain

www.gokunming.com/[...] - 1000 Lion Mountain

Related forum threads

Login to post