GoKunming Forums

Circumcision

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Sorry Tiger, the fact that it is not outlawed does not mean it is good or even acceptable. Smoking is not outlawed as well but few people will argue that it is the right thing to do to little children.

ridiculous analogies said the one who started with this ridiculous idea. Unnecessary medical procedures (You have not indicated a medical reason for this procedure) or religious outdated habits. And you call us ridicules!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@lemon
My comment about legality was a rebuttal to the ill informed argument made by another poster.
It was not a comment for or against the acceptability of the practice.

@Goldie
If you ask for help on an open platform like this what do you expect.
That it is not my concern is disputable. People who are for no medical reason looking for help on a procedure that is (without the medical indication) purely based on outdated ideas or religious ideas. And yes it is a concern to me that people do unnecessary medical procedures or this that are harmful but based on religious ideas. The latter group often defend FGM as well. Anyway you are lucky that those who responded to your post apparently presumed that you were talking about male circumcision and not female circumcision, which really would have got me going.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

I didn't call anyone anything. I said it was ridiculous to compare this to blinding your child or giving your child cigarettes.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

I just asked for places and cost about a procedure, not what your opinion was about it. Again, your last post is your opinion and I respect it but that doesn't mean everyone shares it or should.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.