GoKunming Forums

Circumcision

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Does the kid get to vote on it? When he's young, he can't, and I'm pretty sure it's irreversible.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Two men are sharing a hospital room.
"What are you in for?" the first man asks.
"I'm getting a circumcision," his roommate replies.
"Damn," exclaims the first man. "I had that done when I was born, and I couldn't walk for a year."

SpartansSpartans (184 posts) • 0

If you want to amputate a child's bodypart with millions of nerve endings, why not wait for him to come of age and make the decision himself.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

It is an elective procedure and horrible to watch and I'm sure to experience but I wouldn't consider it male genital mutilation... Not even comparable to genital mutilation.

The foreskin serves three main functions: moisturizing and lubricating the glans, protecting it against impact and friction, and providing additional sensory input (pleasure).

If you think it is or isn't amputation, is nor relevant, Islamic radicals also amputate female genitals and they think it's normal.

The resection of an evolutionary useful and healthy body part of a child is not good medical practice. I am in the medical field and I refuse to do it.

Furthermore, the child has a degree of autonomy over their body that will expand as they grow older. This is an elective procedure, where the child's life is not at risk.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.