GoKunming Forums

gokunming seearch function

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Being asking for this for years. Won't happen so don't hold your breath. There should be a big button that says : SEARCH.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Someone else gave a good tip a year or so ago. For example, if your search criteria is ping pong, then google, baidu, or other search, "gokunming ping pong"

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Why is it so hard to find. I found it without even looking. Click on "All" at the top of this thread, then look just above the first item.

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

This is a great web site, but some small improvements should be done here and there. This is one example. The search option should be ubiquitous like the weather is.
Another important one I've asked for, face to face, was to ditch Google maps in the listings in favour to Baidu maps. It's too cumbersome to turn on the VPN just to get the map displayed, IMO.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Search function is almost useless for forums. Always pulls up the multi year old threads for top results.

I agree with the baidu maps suggestion, but in their defense, it is an expat website and gmaps displays English, pinyin, and Chinese, while baidu only does Chinese.

YerethYereth (110 posts) • 0

The GoKunming team has recently taken on a new web developer for the specific purpose of finishing a long-awaited update, and future continuous improvements. A global search function is one of the features that will be back on the homepage, as well as listing reviews. The map widget is also being reworked. We would like to thank everyone for their patience and their support.

Related forum threads

Login to post