GoKunming Forums

Returning to my home country in two months

Noodley (26 posts) • 0

I will be returning to England in two months. I wanted to make a post about my China experience, and about these forums here.

I have been in China for five years. During that time, I have learned Chinese, enjoyed delicious Chinese food, made some great lifelong Chinese friends, married a Chinese girl, seen some beautiful places, and generally had the most wonderful time of my life. I also had to go to a Chinese public hospital, and the doctors there saved my life.

I come to these forums sometimes to read posts, and I cannot help but notice how some foreigners here whine and complain about everything. They only hang out with other foreigners, only speak English, eat literally every single meal at Salvador's and Slice of Heaven (those places are great, don't get me wrong), and literally never go to Chinese places. Their nightlife consists of the Moondog, FuBar, and a couple of other Western places. They play music and listen to music only by other foreigners. They shop only at WalMart and Metro, and Paul's Shop. They literally have almost no contact with anything or anyone Chinese. Their only human contact is with other Westerners just like them, speaking English, going to Western places, and doing Western things.

My plea for them is that they give China a chance. Instead of being terrified to leave their house, and angry every day, and assuming that everything Chinese must be bad, and everything Western good, go out and try to experience a little of this amazing country. You might find that your prejudiced, ignorant views change, and that you meet lots of very kind, welcoming, amazing people. And instead of coming to these forums literally every day and night to complain about China, try going for a walk around your neighborhood and talking to people, interacting with China. It might surprise you. Noodley out.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Most here are cool about China.

Me, including a some aware Chinese I know, are totally shocked about the fake food, fake medicines, turn to nationalism, authoritanism, pollution, economic situation, and all the rest.

You are probably cool with it all, as youre so damn ignorant.

Noodley (26 posts) • 0

See? You just could not reply without a long list of China bashing. Go out and enjoy this place. No one is forcing you to live here.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • -1

China bashing?

Hell, I hope things go back to some kind of normal. A much better normal than the freaky "normal" you seem to enjoy.

Noodley (26 posts) • 0

Then you need to explain how I, and many I know, have such a great time in China, while others like you, are miserable, and believe that literally the entire world is out to get them. It is the same China, so what is the difference?

Noodley (26 posts) • 0

Then you need to explain how I, and many I know, have such a great time in China, while others like you, are miserable, and believe that literally the entire world is out to get them. It is the same China, so what is the difference?

Noodley (26 posts) • 0

Or, because you are negative, and hellbent on complaining and whining.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • -1

What the hell is up with these Usenames with the word(s) Noodle in them?

Noodley
Noodle King

Ridiculous!

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • -1

@noodley
Nobody ever agued against your points....Not even me.

If thats your understanding, from all the threads and posts, then you didn't pay enough attention.

All the items you prefixed with literally, are literally impossible.

Related forum threads

Login to post