GoKunming Forums

pregnancy permit

michael2015 (784 posts) • 0

@haali
Ditto what tiger tiger said. You do NOT need to move your hukou here - but that helps downstream with children's schooling (a LOT), unless you enroll them in school with their foreign passport, so may as well get that done also.

@HF
Thanks for retrieving that ancient thread on moving hukou(s).

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

With birthing, I think there are regulations that may affect access to maternity hospitals. If you choose to pay for maternity care it may not be a problem. But this is something you need to check with local hospitals. Don't rely on this forum, unless one of the members has been through this recently we may not be that well informed.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

thanks Daithi.

@michael I'm not planning to put the kid in a Chinese school! Hopefully when the kid is 5-6 we will be in a place with good schools (by which I mean smaller classes and less nationalist brainwashing) or I will teach him/her/it myself. But that's way down the line, it's not even born yet!

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Haali: "My wife thinks she needs to get temporary residency for KM first. Any idea how long that takes?"

We were in this situation a year ago. My wife already had temporary Kunming residency for few years, but after calling places she found that she has to go to her hukou town to get the child birth permit.

Unfortunately our pregnancy didn't last, but the family planning official in her hometown was nice enough to give her the permit with empty date, meaning that we can probably hold on to the same permit and fill in the date on day of delivery, if/when we get there.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

@Haali... good idea, not planning on putting your child in Chinese school and through the ridiculousness of the education system in this country.

Related forum threads

Login to post