Richland International Hospital


pregnancy permit

Haali (1149 posts) • 0

My wife is pregnant with our first child. Do we need to go to the family planning office to get a permit for the birth? My wife thinks she needs to get temporary residency for KM first. Any idea how long that takes?

Napoleon (1183 posts) • 0

These things can take a long time. My advice is to get on this just as soon as you've tracked down the rightful father.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

My God! What an aweful comment to make. I do not even consider that a joke. One can joke around like this with a person they know (Like Mama jokes) but not with a stranger.

The Kunming residence card is very simple to acquire at the same police station where you get your registration form. Your wife must bring her rental contract. My wife did it several times before she moved her Hukou to Kunming.

redjon777 (563 posts) • 0

Napoleon, your morals are sinking day by day. Let somebody enjoy this happy time without the dodgy comments!

@Halli Congratulations, had my 1st born son just 5 months back :) You will need to get the permit for the birth though can't say about temporary residency as my wife is from Kunming.

tigertiger - moderator (5084 posts) • 0

The Kunming residence/temporary ID takes 30 days.

I don't know much about the process for transferring to a permanent KMG Hukou. I do believe that with a transferring a countryside Hukou, you need to buy property in Kunming (above a certain size) before you can apply. That is how my brother in law got his KMG Hukou.

Haali (1149 posts) • 0

thanks for the info and support, guys!

Nap - I apologise for my comments on the other thread before. You were right, they were a bit out of order.

Napoleon (1183 posts) • 0


Let's kiss and make up.

I wish you and the missus well. Enjoy the occasion - I'm sure it'll be brilliant.

Login to post Register to post