GoKunming Forums

Another province in China

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

Noodle King, I think HF does travel a lot.
I've been to Guizhou, it is quite pretty, but is also famously cloudy. Cloudy weather depresses me. Kunming's sunshine keeps me upbeat.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Something to consider. If you are retired with money to invest, don't even consider buying. For much less than a mortgage, you can rent somewhere nice. If you get bored or decide you don't like the place, you can up sticks. You can even find short-term rentals, if you offer more monthly rent. This would be a good way to see more of China.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

going slightly off topic Tiger, but yes I agree, especially in China. So many new apartment buildings are being finished at around the same time, oversupply is giving renters more choice and lower rents. Why buy? You could lose a huge amount if the property bubble bursts. Unless you intend to live there your whole life, it doesn't make much sense to buy in China.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I'm quite a fan of Guizhou also, but to be honest, the only major city is Guiyang, and it's more of a hardship to live there than Kunming. Xiamen and Qingdao are both excellent seatowns.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

As to the slightly off topic, buying can be more of a cultural rather than financial decision. But spouses of Westerners tend to be more open minded about it. A Chinese couple is constantly under pressure to own and don't envision a rent for rest of life future.

Related forum threads

Login to post