GoKunming Forums

Discrimination in ESL

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Dazzer: I agree. In the context of China fifteen years ago, 50% of all workers in accounting had not completed high school.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@tiger tiger
If you needed to go to college to realize and learn those very basic life achievements, then I am sorry to hear that. Everyone with a sane mind and basic intelligence, usually needs 7th grade abilities to fathom them. All the things you mentioned are covered and understood by all apprentices and any helping hand on the job market.
I didn't know academenia intelligence requirements were so low.

The Noodle King (54 posts) • 0

I found college to be useful, but 4 years was way too much.

Many people do not even work in fields directly related to their majors, so why waste 4 years learning abstract textbook knowledge that you'll never use? Much of it is a scam to support a fake economy. Like 100 dollar textbooks that get "revised" every year so you have to buy the new version.

Most programs can be cut down to 1 or 2 years just to get some skills and to prove that you're able to think and solve problems and accomplish tasks.

Then you can start working and learn on the job or take additional training as needed.

And continue to educate yourself throughout your life, not just for work.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

The discussion above is interesting, but I don't think any of it justifies the way the OP has apparently been treated.

The Noodle King (54 posts) • 0

This is somewhat related to the OP?

www.globaltimes.cn/content/981575.shtml#.VzBeFd2Ee7Q.twitter

Future bleak for China's foreign ESL teachers

"... the demand for Chinese ESL instructors is steadily increasing while foreigners are gradually being pushed out. Local parents in big cities such as Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou have become especially aware of the fact that the foreigners teaching their children are generally unqualified and now seeking out Chinese-only ESL schools. "

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Many parents have unrealistic expectations. Even the best teachers can't turn water into wine.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Many parents have unrealistic expectations. Even the best teachers can't turn water into wine.

Related forum threads

Login to post