GoKunming Forums

Service on MU China Eastern flight Paris - Kunming

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

As mentioned above MU Flights are delays, cancellations, awful in flight meals, and a 10 minute bus ride from the plane, parked barely in the airport, to the terminal.

They share routes, eg. your Kunming to Shanghai flight will stop off somewhere in between or you'll get on midway through a flight and sit in someone's warm seat, him having got off as you got on.

Dinner will be a bread role with a hint of Styrofoam about it. There will be no butter in sight, and will be served with a side order of prepacked pickled vegetables, to ensure the smell of fart is present in the cabin at all times of your journey.

They're also obsessed with telling you to turn off your phone, and enforce this to the verge of paranoia.

Absolutely everything about the airline is penny pinching. True, a step up from Hainan Airlines who have El Al looking like big spenders.

This is where an international flight will work to your advantage. Most busy international airlines have a time slot for arrival/ departure. If they miss this time slot they will incur a big fine. This doesn't happen to domestic flights in China. So they'll be doing everything in their power not to get fined, and that should work in your advantage.

I would never go long haul with the company though.

The Noodle King (54 posts) • 0

one good thing. that MU direct flight to paris is overnight. flight leaves kmg at midnight, so it's a good schedule to get some shut eye.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I won't come to the defense of China Eastern, but overall China has a very good safety record. Mostly due to a young modern fleet, long runways, and no terrorism. Maintenance seems to be still on the strict side, but not sure about that staying that way forever.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

If it's an evening flight then can't complain. All flights have a similar service when you're asleep.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

While on my "last" china eastern flight, the onboard magazine had a full page article about the it's CEO being applauded for record high shareholders returns...what a slap in the face...
This last flight, which was 3 hours late, resulted in our missing a flight from beijing to Quatar/Montreal..

Related forum threads

Login to post