GoKunming Forums

Service on MU China Eastern flight Paris - Kunming

flengs (109 posts) • 0

I'm contemplating booking my next visit to Kunming through Paris and flying with China Eastern because it seems time fast and cheap. Anybody any experience with their service? I don't really mind using China Eastern for domestic flights in China, but for such a long haul flight, I would be very disappointed to get "chicken rice" for breakfast and "pork rice" for dinner (I just can't get it how people seem to always be able to wolf that stuff down in such a greedy fashion), with in between some nice olive candy to polish off the rough edges. I'd hate to have to bring my own meals on such a long flight.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Flying too Paris the meal will be cooked and purchased through China Eastern normal channels.
Return flight the galley will be resupplied in Paris, but may still be rice. May still be the cheapest food they can purchase.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

The food is going to suck, in economy anyways. Just buy a Starbucks sandwich or some KFC sandwich at Changshui. Or you can bring your own instant noodles as they will have hot water available on request. I recommend the Nissin cheese pasta instant. Bringing an apple is nice too. Just make sure to eat it before arrival. You just need to bring one decent meal, as you can pick at the edible parts of the airline meal. And lots of entertainment, like a tablet with movies or a book. With lots of entertainment one decent meal is enough for a long haul. Last airline to serve me a good meal was Korean Air. On they way back, ez, bring lots of awesome wine, cheese, and baguettes! :)

Saying all economy class food is poor a bit unfair. Food on Finnair is excellent. Lufthansa meals were also great, although one meal was a sandwich, but a good quality small sub. Even Virgin meals are ok.

Unfortunately none fly out of KMG.

flengs (109 posts) • 0

I always take KLM and they give you normal food in economy. Low quality normal food, but it still classifies as food. The crap they give out on Chinese domestic flights does not classify as food for me, it is obviously the cheapest crap they can get their hands on. You neither have any nutrition nor taste. I'll take my own meal if I take China Eastern from Paris.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

If you can, check your carry-on and bring a small daypack on board. The overhead bins are going to be completely overflowing on a China flight out of Paris.

voltaire (225 posts) • 0

We took it last summer both ways and liked the flight. The food was not memorable (as always) but it was overall a fast and pleasant flight. Baggage comment is a good one.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

2 wings, noncrashing. The differences between airlines are not worth paying more than about $10 for.

@ Alien,

My opinion varies. I hate travel and aim at reducing stress, having more legroom, sharing a flight with more civilized passengers (price can affect this too), time of travel, all make a difference. And yes the food, in my (and others) opinions.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

'2 wings, noncrashing. The differences between airlines are not worth paying more than about $10 for.'

Maybe if you are poor and $10 is a lot of money to you. But there is a BIG difference between say Lucky Air and Emirates. Emirates economy has better food, service, aeroplanes, than Lucky Air first class.

Related forum threads

Login to post