GoKunming Forums

Any Serious Coffee Place to Visit in Town?

henryjne (4 posts) • 0

New to KM, find no where to find a cup of decent coffee around. Any recommendations? The place better offer serious high quality coffees, no starbucks coffees thx :)

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

some people roast theri own but most not very good at it yet many charging connoisseur coffee pricess for a beginner artisans product. lots of yunnan coffee in local cafes western owned. look in listings. some of it good some of it not so good. i think salvadors have hani coffee brand which is pretty good. but no connoisseur coffees

mickeyh (119 posts) • 0

On Beimen Jie, a little way down from Yuantong Lu, is a Korean restaurant called Hanbae. The owner takes pride in his coffee, and it is, in my opinion, definitely the best coffee in town, really excellent.

mickeyh (119 posts) • 0

On Beimen Jie, a little way down from Yuantong Lu, is a Korean restaurant called Hanbae. The owner takes pride in his coffee, and it is, in my opinion, definitely the best coffee in town, really excellent.

Kunming!Rocks (20 posts) • 0

Coffee is nice and all but come on, guys! Why would you come to China to drink coffee when there is such a rich tea culture, especially in Yunnan.

I'm getting in to puer tea myself. I find the black version very earthy and suppose to help digestion too. I would love to hear recommendations. Thanks!

mickeyh (119 posts) • 0

Pu'er is truly excellent, special tea, no doubt. And I agree with you for the most part: I drink tea.

Kunming!Rocks (20 posts) • 0

Puer tea is kinda like China's equivalent of red wine. So many regions and vintages and processing types to learn about, each change in variable produces a distinct product, makes one's head spin.

A lot to learn and take in.

henryjne (4 posts) • 0

Great thx for sharing these infos. Will go and visit.
Tea is not equivalent to coffee in certain aspect, thanks anyway:)

coffeegeek (6 posts) • 0

A friend of mine owns a wonderful coffee boutique called Ikon Espresso who provides only very high quality speciality coffee and roasts his own coffee. You'd be regret to miss it if you were a real coffeeholic. The place is in downtown Nanping street. You may find the specific address online thru dianping.com or amap.com.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

puer rocks but isnt coffee, kunmingrocks is another dumb alias of resident sockpuppet

Related forum threads

Login to post