GoKunming Forums

internet in Yunnan

jitkah (8 posts) • 0

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what is your experience of using VPN in Yunnan? would you recommend any particular?

this might be a bit stupid question but do you access this website without using VPN, you, who are in China atm?

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

There should not be clear mention to these services, because (1) they are not approved by the state and (2) they may be the next in line to be banned which will make the wall stronger. Isn't it obvious?!

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

I think that China would know about there services.

If they can hack into other governments websites, create viruses and ban websites then I'm sure they know what a VPN is.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Maybe this thread is just a conspiracy... just trying to figure out what vpn's the foreigners are using in order to ban the service and control the WORLD!!!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

@goldie, they are already taking down VPNs on a regular basis. Some are up and down like a yoyo. Unfortunately, without a VPN it would be very difficult to find the resources I need to teach. I am not teaching forbidden material, it is just that non-google searches come back with very few focussed and useful search results.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

ExpressVPN is crap. I used it for about 3 years. I used it on several different computers, in various locations in China (including Yunnan), with different service providers and different packages. I tried all of their servers, and all of the different protocols. It was consistently slow and unreliable. It's not really all that cheap either.

Related forum threads

Login to post